الجمعة، 10 يوليو 2009

Arabic Restaurant (Level 1, 2 ) 20 points

In light of the recent visit to the Arabic restaurant, you have experienced many cultural aspects 1) Products (food, clothes, ambiance..), and 2) Prospectives (way of thinking or behaving). List some cultural products that you liked, and tell me why. Also, list one perspective that you have encounter or experience, and tell me what you think of it. Deadline Wed (7/15/09) No less than 200 words. (20 points)

هناك 31 تعليقًا:

  1. Shelly Quijada
    Period #6
    In the trip to the arabic restuarant I noticed how different and unique the Arabic culture was from all the others. When I arrived to the restaurant I noticed that there was certain colors where being used. For example the table cloth was white and I noticed there where soft colors being used, like beige.
    When the waiters were serving the food, i noticed there were plants next to the fountain, which made me feel calm and peaceful. Although the food that they served seemed quite little, it fulled me up. I enjoyed listening to the music while I ate because the man singing had a nice voice. The instrument that stood out to me was the one that looked like a guitar because it was colorfull and pretty.
    The best part of the trip was the belly dancer's proformance. Although she wasn't attractive, i have to admitt that she had some breath taking moves. I'm glad I went to the trip because I had alot of fun and made new friends.

    ردحذف
  2. I had alo of fun in the fieldtrip i hope we can go to another one

    ردحذف
  3. elizabeth martinez
    the different is that they don't get the samething as we eat the food is way different it's not the same also that was different is that they talk different language and they listsen to different kind of music so i belive that arabic cultural is way different form us i belive that the food was okay it like the but in a different way i belive that going out to explore different cultural's is really fun because you get to learend the arabic restaurant;sare so buetiful so this is something that i saw and ahat happend when we went to the arabic restaurant.

    ردحذف
  4. أزال المؤلف هذا التعليق.

    ردحذف
  5. FATIMA MATAR PER.6
    This feild trip ment alot to me it reminded me of my original culture ,it was so much fun and the activities were really nice and the food was really good like the tabouleh and the falafel,i took alot of pictures and the music was okay and the belly dancer was really entertaining the waterfall was really nice and the resturant is really arabian culture how we (sit,eat,and listen to music).The best part is that friends gathered together

    ردحذف
  6. I FELT THAT THE FIELD TRIP WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ME RECUSE I GOT TO EXPERIENCE NEW FOOD.I FELT THE ARABIC RESTROUNT DID A GOOD JOB BE LETTING US INSIDE THEIR LITTLE ROOM SO WE CUD SEE HOW IT IS TO LIVE OVER THERE IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

    WELL ITS DIFFERENT FROM MY CULTURE CUZ THE FOOD IS VERY DIFFERENT. ITS DIFFERENT FROM MY CULTURE BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS WAY DIFFERENT COMPEERED TO MY CULTURES MUSIC.ANOTHER DIFFERENCE IS THAT WE CUD EAT WITHOUT LIZINING TO MUSIC AND ARABS CANT.

    I REALLY LIKED THAT WE HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE EATING ARABIC FOOD.I ALSO REALLY LIKED THAT WE GOT TO EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NEW, I REALLY HAD FUN I WISH WE CUD GO AGAIN.

    ردحذف
  7. Mejia Joselyn
    per.6
    7/15/09
    In the restaurant I saw more things about arabic that I didn't know like the paintings,the house, and the food. The painting was very beautiful with different colors. The food was very weird looking but it tasted so good and the house inside looked beautiful.
    The arabic culture is different but also similar to catholics because they believe in one God just like us. They pray just like us and have weird songs like us.

    ردحذف
  8. Steven Mena
    Period 6
    7/15/09

    One of the new cultural aspects I saw at the restaurants was the waterfall. It is supposed to keep the eating area cool and not so hot. Every Arabic restaurant has it because they use all the elements.

    Another cultural aspect I saw was that people from the Arabic culture do NOT eat food unless some music is playing. If music is not playing then you are not able to eat. Every Arabic family must do this in order to eat.

    I also saw the Oud, also known as an Arabic guitar. That is what the were playing music with. Also the guitar you see rock stars or country singers using, came from the Oud.

    ردحذف
  9. Yadira Montano
    Period: 6
    7/15/09

    What i saw in the restaurant is that the arabic people use all their natural stuff. Like they use the water to give them fresh air. The trees to have freshness. They have music while they eat.

    My experience was cool. I have never been to a arabis restaurant. The food was weird but it was good. The inside of the restaurant was really pretty. The people there were reallynice.

    The cultures are kind of different. For example the arabics use water to get fresh air. Americans use AC to get fresh air. The difference is that arabic use their nature stuff and american us techology.

    ردحذف
  10. my experiance at the resturant was great!!!!The cultural aspect of arabic and us are like the clothing is diffrent from us in a big wey.but maybe ill get some close like that haha. the food is diffrent and the wey of eating is diffrent,but GOOD!!!!!The wey they talk is diffrent to but one day ill speak like that.
    My experiance was cool!!!I liked every thing.I could say its the best field trip that ive been to.The food,no doubt it was good!!!The wey they dress is awsome,im a buy my self one of those cool robes some day.The desert "baklava was my favorite thing it was awsome!

    ردحذف
  11. Stephanie Aldrete
    Period 6


    In the restaurant I saw many new cultural aspects that I had never seen before. The food was weird and it was something that I had never seen or tasted before. I saw many details in the restaurant that no other culture has. The decorations were unique and very pretty. They had some specific colors and forms of designs. I saw that they had a fountain in the restaurant and later I found out that fountains keep arabics fresh because in their weather in their original culture. The chairs were very comfortable, specially listening to the arabic music, which was very relaxing. The belly dancer was amazing and entertaining, most of my friends were chosen to go dance in front of everyone with her. I had a lot of fun, I enjoyed a special moment near my friends and teacher.
    I felt very amazed and excited about meeting this new culture. It was a one in a life time experience that I will never forget. I felt butterflies in my stomach when I first found out about this fieldtrip. I was anxious to meet this new culture. I hope to get another chance of getting this feeling again.
    This arabic culture is very different from my culture. My parents are both Mexicans and they are very traditional. There is many kinds of foods in both cultures and they are eaten very differently. Mexicans eat a lot of meat, something most arabics don’t eat. Both mexican and arabic culture have different customs of eating and drinking. Our foods are very different even though we share ingredients. I think the arabic way of eating and drinking (foods/beverages) is more interesting than the mexican culture way, probably cause learning something new is also going to be more interesting from what you already know!

    ردحذف
  12. luz mena
    per.6

    a new cultural aspect that i have seen in the restaurant was the food. that is a cultural aspect because the food was part of the aribic culture. another cultural aspect was the music becuase that music was arabic music even though i couldnt understand the music i enjoyed it. the mosaic painting and the fountain were one my favorite things i saw.

    i think that was a good experience. i thought that going to an arabic resturant was a good experience becuase i got to see alot of thinks i had not seen before. i also got to eat things i had not eaten before. i also got to hear arabic music. the belly dancer did a good job to.

    the arabic culture is diffrent from my culture becuase in my culture we dont hear music in that language and the food was diffrent to. but some things were kind of similer from my culture.

    ردحذف
  13. i loved the fountain the food was great and the belly dancer danced very good. the best part was when we were leaving when we were playing this hilarious game. fatima is a good dancer by the way

    ردحذف
  14. Going to the Arabic restauraunt was very exciting. We had a lot of fun and saw many interesting things. The fountain was beautiful and im glad I was able to see it. The little room we went to was nice as well, but very hot.

    The food was good, except some of it was
    weird. And the waiters at times were taking long to bring the food. It was also not enough for everyone. But other than that, the food was great. I especially liked the chicken and rice(:

    I want to thankyou Mrs. Shaath for taking your time to organize the field trip. We are pratically the only forgein classes, who have had exciting field trips. Thanks for everything, and I hope we have more. ;D

    ردحذف
  15. Even do I didn't get to go i saw pictures of the field trip. I noticed some diffirences between American culture and the Arabic culture. There are so many reasons why for example: the type of food they eat, the type of music they listen to, and ther way they talk. Arabic type of food looks relly good. Their music sounds good and it is entertaining when there is a bellydancer and that it is also different from our culture. Their language looks weird but if we put time into it we would understand it better. Arabic is beautiful class and I'm glad i took this class and this is going to be a good experience.

    ردحذف
  16. A cultural aspect I noticed at the restaraunt was that they served pita bread with almost everything.i thought that was good because the pite bread tastes good.i think the way arabics eat pita bread is sort of like the way mexicans eat tortillas. I also noticed that the meals come in three course: Appetizers, main course and Dessert. My favorite part of the meal was the dessert because I think it was very tasty.

    I had a really good time at the restaraunt. I really enjoyed learning more about a new culture. Although Arabic culture is not the same as Hispanic culture, i do think it was good to learn about something new and something different.

    i really hope we get to go to other restaurants and learn more about arabic culture. i believe it is an interesting culture. I really want to learn more about it. i hope we will have more experiences like this through out the year.

    ردحذف
  17. Hi I am Juanita and I will post my blog today

    ردحذف
  18. oh and ms. it is jonathan pena who did these above this blogg so remember that it is not yepez. masalama!!!!!

    ردحذف
  19. well its diffrent from my culture because the food is diffrent and it taste diffrently they also dress diffrent.

    Also wen people eat they got to be hearing music inorder for them to eat.Or else they cat eat like that.

    well i enjoyed going to the field trip i will like to go again.The food that i like was the chicken.I also enjoyed the music.

    ردحذف
  20. A new culture aspect i saw was the music,clothing,foods,and dancing.I believe arabic music is traditional.There music is traditional because they listen to music while eating.In my culture we only listen to music if were having a party.

    There dancing is very unique.The belly dancer(Denise)was very good at it.She kept us entertained.It was really fun.There clothing is also unique.They have different ways of dressing but there all very nice.

    I had alot of fun at the restaurant.I hope I can go there some other day.There food was very tasty and good.

    ردحذف
  21. well the filtrip was so fun i learned about the clothing that they wear in arabic.the music was way different then the one we hear.what i liked the most was how the belly dancer was moving it looked kind of hard.i really had fun with my friend it was the best


    well there was also lots of stuffes that were in the house that i really had never seen in any other house.i really like how they have treated us really nice and we had seen new ppl from other school's it was really awsome

    ردحذف
  22. what i saw in the resturant was different from other resturant.. they are different kind of stuff the food was good very very good. we were behaving the waitress was too. they were very good at serving the food. the music was weird this guy was playing a weird looking guitar name oud. the food was good the chicken, beef, ta bsuleh falafel, kebabi, shish tawook everything was good it look nasty but it was good.. i loved this resturant..=]

    ردحذف
  23. The arabic restaurant was fun.i liked it alot.i thought that the belly dancer was kool. She really knew how to dance! haha..

    The food was really good too! i really liked the humus, falafel, and kabab. i liked all the other food too! like the dessert..

    Overall, the restaurant was fun and a good learning experience. i hope we can go again! because i love food..and arabic. everything is dope!! :)

    ردحذف
  24. oh shelia didnt go to the field trip
    thug life

    ردحذف
  25. The arabic restuarant was fun. I had a very interesting time at the resturaunt. the food was really good. the belly dancer was fun to watch. it was dun to lisen to the music that the guy was playing and i enjoyed the trip.

    The clothes that ms. nada and he other guy looked like clothes from the harry potters movie. it was cool. i really enjoyed this trip i got to spend time with my friends but i also had a learning expierence.

    ردحذف